- A general purpose log handling system has been designed and
- It has been proved effective for a large archive site.
- The operation is mostly automatic and efficient if done
- It has been easy to extend for new access methods:
- archie (30 minutes)
- CERN httpd
- commerical proxy servers, ...
Problems and Limitations
- Adding extra fields is difficult e.g. status codes, hits.
- Encoding of white-space in request / name fields is unresolved.
- It is written in PERL.
Getting the software
Prev Next Index