I'm heading to a new adventure at Digg in San Francisco to be a lead software engineer working on APIs and syndication.
I've been at Yahoo! nearly 5 years so it is both a happy and sad time for me, and I wish all the excellent people I worked with the best of luck in future.
Here is a summary of the main changes:
- Silicon Valley -> San Francisco
- 15,000 staff -> 100 staff
- Architect -> Software engineer
- strategizing, meeting -> coding
- Powerpoint, OmniGraffle, twiki -> emacs, eclipse, ...?
- (No coding!) -> Python, Java, Hadoop, Cassandra, ...?
- Sunny days -> Foggy days
- 15 min commute -> 2.5hr commute (until I move to SF)
- Public company -> private company